Gamer Girl: My E3 Wii Roundup

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

After being completely un-wowed by Nintendo's showing at E3 last year, I was completely blown away by the lineup that they introduced this year. I'm not sure that my budget can handle all of this (and neither is my brother, after he and I chatted about it a little earlier this week)!

In no particular order, here's what caught my eye. Just a note- most of this information is gleaned from other gaming sites, and I've linked to them to give them credit.

Wii Fit Plus, Wii Motion Plus, and Wii Sports Resort



The Wii Motion Plus attachment for the original Wii Remote is supposed to provide an almost 1:1 mapping between your motions and what is communicated to the Wii as you move. I'm excited to try the new games that will be packaged with it in Wii Sports Resport- especially the fencing!

Wii Fit Plus is a whole new set of balance games, strength training, and yoga activities designed to work with the Wii Balance Board. It also has some additions that I had been wishing for in the original Wii Fit:
  • Plan your own workout routines
  • Set a length of time for your workout
  • Choose from routines based on personal fitness goals or to target certain areas
Oh, and all that is compatible with activities from the original Wii Fit, as well!

Super Mario Bros. Wii


Super Mario Bros. Wii is probably the game I'm the most excited about. I have loved playing Mario since my parents bought my brother and I our first NES system when I was 8, so when the new version was announced and I saw that it looked like a traditional side-scroller, I was pumped!! The competitive multiplayer mode looks interesting, too.

For more screenshots, look here. :)

Lego Harry Potter


Lego Harry Potter will cover books 1-4 in the series. Players will be able to cast spells, attend classes...and pretty much do everything in the movies/books just as they can in Lego Star Wars, Indy, and Batman. I love Lego Star Wars, so this should be a lot of fun!


Guitar Hero 5


There's not a whole lot of news about Guitar Hero 5 at this point (I'm sure it will be given a catchier name prior to release), but since it's Guitar Hero, I'll definitely be buying it at some point.


Lego Rock Band

Lego Rock Band. Legos. Rock Band. So much goodness here!


Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics

Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics should be a fun collection of mini games, and it will support the Wii Balance Board (by sitting on it, no less)! I enjoyed the Summer Olympics version, and I'm looking forward to this, as well.


Rabbids Go Home

Rabbids Go Home is the latest installment in the Rabbids line, though it looks like Rayman is absent from this one. I still haven't played Rayman Raving Rabbis TV party (which you can also use with the balance board...while sitting on it), so this one will probably wait until I can pick up a used copy of it. The Rabbids games almost always make me laugh out loud.


Finally, I have a category called "games that I can't play for fear of becoming ill, but will probably be buying my brother for his birthday."

He's definitely going to want Mario Galaxy 2.


And most certainly the new Metroid game, as well.


Lost of fun stuff on the way!


1 comment:

  1. I would like to try the new Wii Fit things. If you get them, let me know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan