Winter Wonderland

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

_DSC1303.jpg

I bookmark them. I subscribe to their blog feeds in Google Reader. I keep far too many tabs of them open in Firefox, always intending to do them but never quite following through.

I'm talking about challenges. I've just never been good at getting them finished before the dealine...until this weekend. Sunday I found myself with a few hours to scrap, so I put together layouts for several challenges I've been eying (okay, that spelling is correct but looks really weird) this month.

_DSC7431.jpg

This layout, using a photo taken at the end of our snow kayaking adventure, is actually for two different challenges (see, even my layouts multitask!)- the all white challenge at Candy Shoppe Designs, and Sketch 64 at Inspired Blueprints.

Image Credit: Inspired Blueprints

As soon as I saw those overlapping rows of scallops, I knew that my border punches needed to come out and play (13 of them made it onto this page).

_DSC1304.jpg

And of course my snowflake punches got in on the action, too.

_DSC1307.jpg

This is my first monochromatic layout, and I was afraid that all the white would distract from the snow photo, but it seems to stand out just fine on its own.

This isn't the only challenge I played along with on Sunday- tomorrow I'll share another layout...with a decidedly Star Wars twist to it.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan