friday favorites | christmas decorations

Friday, December 16, 2011

So it's Friday.

And it's grey and dreary and cold and rainy outside.

And my Christmas cards aren't mailed yet.

For that matter, some of them aren't even made yet.

I haven't finished decorating the tree.

I haven't helped finish the outdoor lights yet.

I might be finished shopping, but I need to give the list a final once-over and make sure.

I need to wrap everything.

Did I mention it was wet and cold outside?

And I'm (uncharacteristically) whiny and in dire need of sparkle, twinkle, and shine. And sushi. For some reason I think I also need sushi.

So, I think that a massive crafty and Christmas session is in order this weekend. I'll be bouncing between prepping the house (which will include equal parts decorating and cleaning) and making stuff. Stuff like layouts and cards and ornaments- because it's all going to get done. And maybe I'll find a way to include some sushi, too.

And if you're in the mood for some of the same, I've got some fun Christmas ornament and decorating tips to share this week. And if you need sushi, I know this great little place in Huntsville...

 

From the top left:

  • These adorable mini book page trees can be found at The Sweetest Occasion.
  • Keisha Campbell made this lovely snowflake garland with white cardstock, vellum, and punches. So simple, yet it has so much impact.
  • Learn to make these super fun ice cream cone ornaments at How About Orange.
  • Twine oranament!! Need I say more? Check out Doodlebug Designs for the scoop.
  • Is this felt ornament from Betz White not divine?
  • Crate Paper is on an ornament kick, as well, with these easy and festive pieces!
  • These lovely filled glass ornaments are made with sequins and bits of Hambly transparencies.
  • October Afternoon shows how to use their Sprinklers mists to created frosted ornaments.
  • Jennifer McGuire created these lovely (and massive!) paper medallions for Studio Calico- there's even a video to show you how to make your own! Keisha Campbell also posted some lovely paper medallions recently.
Have a scrappy (and sparkly!) weekend.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan