use your scraps layouts for shimelle | part 1

Thursday, April 25, 2013

No matter where my layouts are first posted, I always try to eventually bring them home to "live" here on my blog. I like it to be a gallery of sorts, even if I do post layouts that you've most likely already seen. :) Just in case you missed it, the two projects in this post (I'll share the other two next week) were over on Shimelle's blog a week or two ago, and there's a whole list of new ideas for using your scraps that goes along with them. If you liked my previous Use Your Scraps Week features, then I think you'll like what you find over there!

I still have lots and lots of photos from our Aruba trip a couple of years ago that I want to scrapbook, and when some scraps from the Sundrifter collection by Studio Calico ended up on my desk after finishing another project, I immediately put them to use on this page. I love those ombre Thickers!

DSC_9773.jpg

Supplies:





DSC_7953.jpg

DSC_7951.jpg

DSC_7952.jpg

My second project today is a home decor piece for spring, using the same template as I did for a Halloween-themed specimen box all the way back in 2010 (when I apparently liked to round the corners of all my blog photos- ha!). My Martha Stewart butterfly punch made its way out of hiding recently and is getting put to use on all kinds of projects again- it's one punch I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of!

DSC_7980.jpg

DSC_7983.jpg

And now I'm going to return to my happy little scrap-coma for the rest of the evening. The May kits from Citrus Twist are here, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the ten (yes, ten!) layouts that I want to make finished while still getting all of my other assignments in!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan