Friday Favorites - November 15, 2013

Friday, November 15, 2013

Hola, and a very happy Friday to you all!

We're getting ready for a fun weekend here since tomorrow is Darren's birthday, and for the first time in a long time he's not studying for an exam or writing a paper and actually has time to celebrate. I've selected a couple of new recipes from my Pinterest boards that I think he will enjoy, and there will also be lunch out at his favorite Greek restaurant, a walk through the Botanical Gardens' Galaxy of Lights, his favorite coconut cake, and I've even agreed to watch The Hobbit with him- the first part, anyway. For those who may not read Geek Girl, I've mentioned there before that, while I loved the Lord of the Rings movies, the animated version of The Hobbit completely freaked me out as a child, and I have had no desire to see the new film version of it. He's told me to get over it. I've simply told him that I have issues. Because, clearly, I do.

Before I sign off for the next couple of days, though, I've got nine new crafty picks from around the web to share. Enjoy, and have a fabulous weekend!

ff nov 15

From the top left:
  • I love this post by Jen at A Thousand Words that walks through her photo organization. Her printed photo books are awesome!
  • Little tags are always a great way to get creative when you only have a small amount of time, and Anabelle O'Malley has put together a lovely set for Crate Paper.
  • Scouting style badges are an up and coming trend right now, and you can download this free printable set at Poppytalk.
  • This potholder tutorial at Design Sponge reminds me so much of the ones that my great grandmother used to make. I still have some of them, and I'm thinking that I need to break out the fabric scraps and make a few of my own!
  • Shanna Noel gives her blog readers a tour of her beautiful crafting space.
  • The talented Stephanie Bryan talks about her Project Life scrapbooking process in a post at Gossamer Blue.
  • Shanna Noel is back in the lineup for a second time this week with a free set of printable journaling cards that coordinate with Studio Calico's new Print Shop collection. You'll find the download at The Lilypad.
  • Anabelle O'Malley has two entries in this week's favorites, as well, this time with a beautiful summer tag mini album posted on her own blog.
  • Jennifer Pebbles wrote a great post on how she organizes and archives her childrens' artwork.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan