Friday Favorites - Lots of Tutorials!

Friday, April 2, 2010

I am so happy to have a gorgeous day like today after a loooong cold winter. It was over 80 here and sunny the whole day. I've been outside a lot- the cherry blossoms are popping out everywhere, and I've been taking pictures like mad!! We may not have as many as D.C., but here in Huntsville we do have some lovely cherry trees. In fact, I'm sitting in my sunny office right now with my feet up on the desk and a blooming weeping cherry right outside my window.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, and I'm going to try to take advantage of an indoor day for crafting. I've found a bunch of tutorials that are great candidate projects, but it's more likely that I'll be working on baby shower preparations. :)


From left to right:
  • A Yo-Yo pincushion tutorial from Crafty Pod. I need a new pincushion!
  • Cute vinyl decals cut with a Cricut. Oh, what's that- those are nothing new, you say? Maybe not, but these are on a CAR!!!! GET OUT!!! How cool is that? (via Ella Publishing)
  • A tutorial on Studio Calico on making cute flower accents out of fabric scraps.
  • Shimelle Laine has posted another great mini album. Seriously, how many good ideas is one person allowed to have?!?!
  • A cool tutorial from Nichol Magouirk on making butterfly die cuts (or really any die cut) with ribbon scraps.
  • Becky Fleck shows step-by-step how to make this cute bird embellishment out of a button on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog.
  • There's a tutorial on making a gift card holder on Evalicious.
  • Okay, how awesome is this idea from Jamaica Makes? She takes all those little bits of "life" (lke clothing tags) and just puts them on a binder ring and allows them to form their own mini book. All my stuff is in a basket, but not for much longer now that I've seen this!
  • And, finally, if you're looking for a beautiful Easter project, try making these gorgeous paper-covered eggs (via Martha Stewart).
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan