geek girl | april 29, 2012

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I have been far too domestic today- I'm not sure what got into me!! I have a crockpot full of red beans (for red beans and rice) almost ready to eat, and I even made a batch of chocolate chip cookies! I feel the need now to balance it all out with some geekiness, so I'm going to go stick my nose in a Star Wars book and leave you guys with this weeks picks. :)

 
From the top left:
  • These posters advertising the new Star Wars Identities exhibit are super cool. You'll definitely want to click through the link and check them all out!
  • I found a couple of film and photography related geeky bits this week, starting with an old 35mm camera turned into an iPhone docking station. Am I the only person who still has all her 35mm cameras? It's a sentimental thing, I guess. 
  • How's this for digital film? 35mm film canisters repurposed as USB flash drives. So cool!
  • Download, print, and make your own toys (including a Stormtrooper) from Toy a Day
  • Jen at Epbot is always finding the cutest stuff, like these clay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
  • This solid gold C3PO statue was created to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Star Wars. There's a sterling silver R2-D2, as well.
  • This has to be the coolest business card ever- it converts into a working catapult!
  • Silver and gold droid statues are really not my thing, but a chocolate Darth Vader? Yeah, baby!
  • Created Star Wars themed Bluetooth headsets Earloomz has. Yes. Hmmmm.
Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan