project life 2012 | week 6 featuring double dutch by lily bee design

Monday, April 2, 2012

The new Lily Bee Design papers, stamps, and embellishments are starting to hit online stores (I've spotted them at both Scrapbook.com and Simon Says Stamp), so I thought today would be a great time to share a little Project Life inspiration with one of the new collections.

I love all the new Lily Bee lines (in fact, you'll be seeing some Victoria Park here on the blog next week...wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more), but I thought that the lovely, bold colors in Double Dutch worked especially well with the photos in Week 6 of my Project Life album, so I pulled out the papers and got to work!

project life 2012 week 6.jpg

I managed to put this week's spread together without any inserts...I can't say the same for the last couple of weeks that have been absolutely full of goings-on (one week has three inserts- eeek!), but for the most part I do try to keep them to a minimum.

Here's a closer look at the left-hand page, where my Star Wars Muppet figures get a new home in my office at work (thanks, May!!), I have some fun crafty time, and Darren grills trout.

DSC_8817 blur.jpg

I didn't have the Double Dutch journaling cards in hand when I made this layout, so I pulled some older ones from the Memorandum line to work with. One of the great things about Lily Bee's products (and a reason I love them so much) is that they're basically non-themed, and the colors mix well among all the lines. So the Memorandum journaling cards? They were right at home here.

DSC_1962 blur.jpg

I did back the cards with larger pieces of patterned paper since they're a bit smaller than either the 3x4 or 4x6 pockets. Love the little pops of color you can see around the edges.

DSC_1964.jpg

I also added in a few Elle's Studio journaling cards here and there- especially the little rounds ones just to get some shape going.

DSC_1965.jpg

And the right side, where Tigger "helps" Darren hold his book up, I sync up my iPad reading list before going to the gym, Mom and Dad give me new kitchen towels, and Darren takes me out for sushi at Edo (and it wasn't even my birthday!).

DSC_8818.jpg

I pulled out the Silhouette to make this hibiscus flower cut- love the look of kraft over that bold paper!

DSC_1966.jpg

DSC_1967.jpg

One of my favorite things about Project Life is how it lets me document tiny little things that I would have never made a bigger page about it. Like how when I was at my parents' house after CHA (I flew in and out of Nashville, so they did drop-off and pick-up at the airport for me), Mom gave me a fun new set of kitchen towels that she'd picked up because she knew I'd like the colors. :)

DSC_1968.jpg

I also like that when I don't have a ton of photos for a week, I can take up three whole spaces with just photos and a business card from dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant!

DSC_1970.jpg

Every week of this album, I find I'm falling more and more in love with Project Life. I just fills some sort of niche in my memory keeping that was lacking. Anyone else out there feeling the same way about it?
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan