citrus twist january reveal

Saturday, January 12, 2013

The January kits at Citrus Twist went live for purchase today, and I'm trying something just a bit different with my layout shares this month- instead of doling them out over the next four weeks, I'm posting them all in one batch!

I was asked to work with the add-on kit this month instead of the main, so three of these pages were made from that smaller kit (along with the embellishment add-on), and a fourth was made using the Project Life kit. I also made a Project Life spread for this month, but I'm holding that one out to share later on one of my usual Project Life Mondays.

You may have already spotted a couple of these over on the Citrus Twist blog- the one below was posted as both a peek and a Simple Strategy (you can read more about that here).

DSC_9648.jpg

Supplies:



I started this page by fussy-cutting a stack of extra embellishments from a few of the patterned papers in the kit- I loved having those in front of me and found that I was much more likely to use them when they were already pre-cut, so I'll definitely be doing more of this in the future! The flair, chipboard arrow, and label sticker were all from the embellishment add-on.

DSC_5295.jpg

DSC_5296.jpg


This next layout is for one of Kasia's sketches that will debut later in January.

DSC_9665.jpg

Supplies:



Again I pulled some of those pre-cut elements- this time the banner from the Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal paper- and put them to work. Quite a few of the items on this layout- the chevron washi, tags, label sticker, and chipboard arrow- are from the embellishment add-on.

DSC_5327.jpg

DSC_5329.jpg

I scrapped this page (featuring D reading and Griffin taking the opportunity to nap) using the January Project Life kit. Unfortunately it's already sold out, but if you contact Trina she can get you information on signing up for the next available subscription slot.

DSC_9663.jpg

Supplies:



The ampersand paper is actually the back side of the Echo Park Today's Story cut-apart journaling card sheet. I admit that I cheated a bit- I had already used the journaling cards in my Project Life album, but I had another sheet of the same paper in my stash and pulled it out to use here. :)

This layout has actually already been up on the Citrus Twist blog as part of the new weekly feature on using the Project Life kit and 6x6 pads on traditional layouts. The Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic pad that's included in the January PL kit shows up in several places here, including the sunburst Silhouette cut behind the photo. I also pulled one of the Pebbles Seen and Noted journaling cards out to use as my title.

DSC_5335.jpg

DSC_5336.jpg

The last layout I'm sharing is also the last one I made with the add-on kit. I was down to just one last sheet of uncut 12x12 paper- the Seen and Noted grid- and I used it as my background. That left me with a lot of cut-up papers and the My Mind's Eye journaling card to work with for this page.

DSC_9664.jpg

Supplies:



This was also my tutorial layout for January, so I'll have a start-to-finish video to share later (once it's been posted on the Citrus Twist blog). In it you'll get to see just how long I shuffled paper bits around before coming up with the final configuration. It may look like a simple page (and, okay, it is :) ), but it took some time!

DSC_5331.jpg

DSC_5330.jpg

I just got my shipping notice yesterday for the Citrus Twist February kits, and I can't wait to get my hands on them and start on pages for next month!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan