Rainy Geeky Sunday - Lawn Fawn Layout

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's time for the December edition of Lawn Fawn's monthly Inspiration Week, and this time around we're focusing on the new mid-season release stamps and dies! My layout is up on the Lawn Fawn blog today as part of the Quinn's Capitals die feature, but it also includes pieces of the Science of Love set.

DSC_0195.jpg

Supplies:



This layout tells a tale about a random rainbow on a random rainy day which led to me accompanying Darren to the lab at the university to watch him develop a radioactive gel...and check out the -80 freezer, just because I was curious. :) The little beakers and nerdy birds from Science of Love were perfect to use as geeky little accents, and the coordinating die set made it so easy to cut everything out once it was stamped!

DSC_5851.jpg

With the exception of the background paper, I pulled all of the papers for this page out of my scraps! I've used Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods collection for several layouts now, and I have lots of little bits that need to be used up. My photos are printed at 2x2, and the patterned paper blocks are cut to 2.5 inches square. Six of the blocks contain photos, and I used the other three for my title and embellishment. You could extend this design to any number and size of squares that you can fit on a page, nine just happened to work out well for my photos.

DSC_5850.jpg

I don't think I'll ever get tired of using felt + Lawn Fawn's alphabet dies to make titles. I've mentioned it before, but I picked up a big felt sampler pack from Benzie's on Etsy, and the 6x9 sheets are the same size as my Sizzix Big Kick's cutting plates. I can just pull a sheet out to cut a few pieces and then put it right back in the stack, ready to use again.

DSC_5854.jpg

The new dies + stamps will start shipping at the end of this week. In the meantime, the incredibly talented Fawny girls have lots more inspiration for you over on the Lawn Fawn blog!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan