Geeky + Green

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why, Internets, oh why did you wait until the week of St. Patrick's Day to post all kinds of great green craft projects? Christmas? Halloween? Valentine's? Projects are up weeks (sometimes months) in advance, giving me ample time to put them in Friday Favorites before the holiday. But St. Patrick's Day? I had a paltry three in last Friday's entry, and then this week there was an explosion!!

Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to make an extra-special-Friday-Favorites-on-Thursday post. And, as a bonus? There'll still be Friday Favorites tomorrow, because I'm just cool like that. :)

I have to admit, I'm in love with this green collage...


From left to right:
  • If I weren't already planning on baking cupcakes today (butter with chocolate frosting and shamrock sprinkles), I would so totally be buying up Huntsville's entire supply of green food coloring in an attempt to make this gorgeous layered cake. Spotted over at Twig and Thistle.
  • How sweet is this shamrock tray on the Fancy Pants blog?!?
  • These thumbprint leprechaun tags posted at Craft Gossip are super cute!!
  • Twig and Thistle shares another gorgeous bit of green in the form of this beautiful St. Patrick's Day inspired wedding shoot. I love the classic, vintage vibe of it all.
  • Find these awesome printable labels at How About Orange.
  • Paper Crave has a great roundup post of St. Patrick's Day printables, including these gorgeously patterned four leaf clovers.
  • Rebecca Cooper posted a tutorial for creating this sweet, simple shamrock banner.
  • Martha Stewart's site has a whole section devoted to St. Patrick's Day food and crafts.
  • Find a whole post filled with gorgeous St. Patrick's Day greetings at the Cards Magazine blog.
Okay, I'm off to photograph cherry blossoms in the morning sunlight. Back later with more fun stuff!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan