Good Things Happen In Hotel Rooms

Thursday, March 10, 2011

_DSC3085.jpg

Now, pull your mind out of the gutter- I'm talking about scrapbooking, here!

Tonight I was able to leave work a tad early (meaning before 8pm) and spend some scrapbooking in my hotel room, creating some embellishment clusters in my still unfinished Week in the Life album and listening to this week's Paperclipping Roundtable. I have to say that this is one of my favorite episodes, and it's not entirely because of what happens from 59:00 to 60:20 (though that did nearly prompt me to run screaming through the halls- probably not the best idea in a hotel). :)

So, that's good thing number one from a hotel room.

Good thing number two? This Halloween layout that I scrapbooked (also in my hotel room) on my last trip to Boston.

_DSC7456.jpg

I love that I used a fairly poor photo and made it look good (it's funny how scrapbooking can really improve the appearance of bad photos). I love that I used Glimmer Mist over my hotel room's sink to create the background. And I love that I finally busted out a pennant banner for a page after months of intending to make one but never quite getting around to it.

_DSC3091.jpg

The design is based off of one of May Flaum's layouts in her recent Creative Retreat class at Big Picture. She's also gearing up to teach another one in a couple of months- May with May. I'm already signed up!

_DSC3087.jpg

And good thing number three from my hotel room? Well, that'll have to be a secret until later next week. :)

Stay tuned- there's more to come, including Friday Favorites tomorrow!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan