layout | celebrate {lily bee}

Thursday, February 28, 2013

DSC_7347.jpg

This week I got to help Lily Bee kick off their big fourth birthday bash with a layout that introduced their week-long blog focus on celebrations. There's a ton of inspiration (not to mention prizes!) over there this week!

DSC_9742.jpg

Supplies:



While the design team was told we could scrap about any sort of celebration, I decided to stick with the birthday theme and scrapped some photos from Darren's big birthday dinner out last November. And while birthday layouts usually call for bright colors and lots of festive accents, the toned-down colors of Lily Bee's Autumn Spice (mixed with just a hint of Persnickety) were just perfect for D's fall birthday. He's a low-key sort of guy, anyway. 

DSC_7348.jpg

I used lots of die cuts on this page to help break up the straight lines of the paper boxes. The "Celebrate" title was cut using my Silhouette, but the rest of the cuts are from various dies by Papertrey Ink. I especially love their star border!

DSC_7350.jpg

And, yes, I do have some photos from this day with the birthday boy actually in them- they'll get scrapped on another layout. For this page I wanted to focus just on all that yummy Greek food!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan