Lawn Fawn // Chirpy Chirp Chirp Card

Sunday, February 14, 2016


Hello, and welcome to my first post for Lawn Fawn's February Release and Inspiration Week! The design team is sharing lots of projects over on the Lawn Fawn blog, and today I've got a card in the mix featuring the new Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set that was shown at CHA. All of the new items will be available for purchase on February 18th in the Lawn Fawn shop and at other retailers, and both Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com actually have the entire CHA Winter 2016 release available for preorder right now!

DSC_7282.jpg

I made three cards and two layouts for this week's festivities, and all of my cards ended up with the same watercolor "blob" type of background. I tried it once with the first card I made, loved it, and just kind of got on a roll with it after that. All of the cards still turned out looking quite different from each other thanks to different colors, images, and themes, so hopefully it won't get too repetitive here this week!

DSC_7292.jpg

I painted the blobs using an inexpensive watercolor pan set from Michaels. It's their $5 Artist's Loft set, and for cards and crafty projects it's totally perfect! I do have a set of Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors on order, but that's just because I want to play with them- you definitely do not need expensive art supplies to make cards!

DSC_7293.jpg

I colored the cute little chicks and other images from this stamp set with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on some bristol paper before cutting them out using the coordinating die set and adhering them to the watercolored background. The egg was stamped using the new Carrot ink color that's part of Lawn Fawn's CHA release. The watercolored background was cut using the largest of Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Rectangle dies and is adhered to a card base made from one of the new Lawn Fawn cardstocks that's also being released on the 18th.

Be sure to hop on over to the Lawn Fawn blog to see the other lovelies that the design team has to share! I'll be back tomorrow with another card- until then, have an awesome day!



If you are interested in the products that I used in this post, you'll find them linked up below. I do participate in affiliate programs and use those links where possible. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links I do earn a small commission, but it doesn't cost you anything extra. The Lawn Fawn products used in this post were provided to me in exchange for design work. The remaining products were my own purchases. 


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan