getting my neon on with hero arts and heidi swapp

Friday, July 13, 2012

IMG_2106.jpg

I'm not saying I'm ready to start splattering day-glo colors all over every layout that I make, but I have been enjoying adding little pops of neon to one or two pages here and there lately. It was a no-brainer, then, to say yes when Heidi Swapp asked me to team up with her and Hero Arts for a little product swap- because you know that Heidi's color magic and Day-Glow products are just a perfect match for these inks, right?

DSC_9404.jpg

I pulled out some photos from the last RPM class launch at our gym (I've become the photographer for these events, somehow, and the gym uses some of my photos on their Facebook page). There was so much rave music in the last release that the instructors went all out for the launch setup- glow sticks, black lights, and, of course, lots of neon.

DSC_7316.jpg

I kept the page mostly neutral and used a white background since all of these colors are so bold! The triangles are inked-up pieces of Heidi's Color Magic paper- I simply cut a bunch of squares on my paper trimmer and then cut each of those squares in half to make a triangle.

DSC_7338.jpg

I used Heidi's Day-Glow photo corners on the tips of a few triangles, and of course I had to pull out some of those Color Magic alphas and get all inky with them, too. There are also some Day-Glow washi tapes scattered around, as well.

DSC_7339.jpg

Hero Arts was also kind enough to send along a couple of stamps with the inks, including the fabulous Zig Zag & More background stamp from Basic Grey's PB&J collection. This stamp has tons little sections of different zig zag and triangle patterns, and I used Post-It notes to mask off the parts of the stamp that I didn't want to use for this page, then inked it up and removed the Post-Its before stamping. It worked perfectly, and is a great way to use this stamp in smaller bits here and there.

DSC_7340.jpg

Oh, and did you see this on the Hero Arts blog today? They're debuting three more neon ink colors- green, blue, and purple- at the CHA Summer show, and they'll be available later this fall. Very cool!

 


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan