Lawn Fawn // Scripty Cheers and Winter Scripty Borders Cards

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hello, and happy Wednesday to you!

I'm finally back home from CHA. I actually arrived yesterday afternoon, but I headed straight to the office to work after dropping my suitcases off at the house. Last night I offloaded all of the photos I shot at the show, and I have just shy of 3,000 booth photos to process! Some are duplicates (and I don't post all of them), and tonight I'll start sorting, editing, and posting them. If you've seen my past CHA coverage, then you know that it goes on for 2-3 weeks with multiple posts per day. I'm planning on kicking things off with Webster's Pages since we saw very few peeks from them before the show (speaking of peeks, I made another round of updates to the sneak peek page this morning), and I hope to have that post up later tonight.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some more catch-up projects from Lawn Fawn design team assignments! Both of these are clean and simple cards, and the first one uses Lawn Fawn's Scripty Cheers die along with the Snowy Backdrops stamp set.

DSC_1889

I started by stamping Snowy Backdrops on white cardstock with Versamark and then heat set it with white embossing powder. I used a mini ink blender to add a circle of Mermaid ink, and the areas that have embossing powder on them resisted the ink and really pop through the color! Lawn Fawn's dye inks are super easy to blend with since they soften and even out as they dry, so even if they look splotchy at first, they smooth out by the end of the process.

DSC_1891

A few months ago I spotted a card on Laurie Willison's blog that used colored foam behind white a white die cut sentiment, and decided to do something similar on this card to add a little bit of contrasting color. The purple and aqua look very Frozen, no? I used the same purple foam to pop the face of the card up off of the base.

DSC_1892

My second card features the Winter Scripty Sayings stamp set along with the Stitched Snowflakes and Mini Snowflakes dies.

DSC_2261.jpg

I loved the effect of layering up vellum and silver glitter die cuts to frame the sentiment.

DSC_2262.jpg

DSC_2263.jpg

And with that, I'm off to edit CHA photos!



If you are interested in the products that I used in this post, you'll find them linked up below. I do participate in affiliate programs and use those links where possible. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links I do earn a small commission, but it doesn't cost you anything extra. The Lawn Fawn products used in this post were provided to me in exchange for design work. The remaining products were my own purchases. 



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan