Counterfeit Kit February Blog Hop

Monday, February 28, 2011

_DSC3037.jpg

It's time again for the Counterfeit Kit blog hop, and WOW is it huge this time! This great little challenge has grown by leaps and bounds since it started up at the first of the year, and it's been amazingly fun to be a part of it all. If you landed here without starting at the beginning, you might want to go back to the main blog and start from there to see everyone's posts.

This month our blog hop challenge was to create a layout based on a sketch provided by Scraps of Darkness (the kit club we've been counterfeiting this month- my kit is posted here).


I have to be honest- when I first saw this sketch a little voice in my brain started screaming "Run away!!!!" It's not that it's a bad sketch- it's actually quite lovely- but it's so far off of my usual style that I thought I might break out in hives at the thought of trying to fit it all in! I'm usually a much simpler scrapper than that.

I didn't run, though- I just stripped away a few layers and extra elements until I was finally left with a layout design that wasn't quite so frightening to me. I'm not sure that I'm totally happy with the page (because it's still not quite my style), but I am pleased to finally have these photos scrapped.

_DSC7452.jpg

Speaking of the photos, they are of my favorite house ever (architecturally speaking). I used to live near Fayetteville, Tennessee, and this house was close to downtown, meaning I drove by it quite often. And, lest you think me to be a Creepy McCreeperson for taking photos of someone else's house, I'll assure you that it was long ago renovated and turned into an antique store/lawyer's office. I kid you not.

_DSC3040.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Sherri is waiting for you at the next stop with another fun layout to share.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan