Friday Favorites: My Picks from CHA Winter 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011

Image Credit: Studio Calico

I'm doing something a little different for Friday Favorites this week. Instead of projects, I'm going to share what caught my eye at CHA this time around. These are totally based on my own personal preferences so you may not like the same things, but I thought I'd share anyway. If you want to see all of the sneak peeks in one place, Scrapbook Update has an awesome table of links to most of the manufacturer's new offerings.

Let's start off with the Pantone color forecast for the year. This definitely not one of my picks. In fact, when I first saw it I thought "ugh...guess I won't be buying much from CHA this year." I'm just not a pastel person (Blue Curacao, Beeswax, and Silver Cloud were the only colors I liked from the mix), and the fact that Honeysuckle was chosen as the color of the year really turned me off because I'm definitely not a pink person at all.

Image Credit: Pantone
The scrapbook manufacturers really surprised me, though, and while many of the hues from the color forecast are present in the new lines, they're usually used in much bolder, deeper shades such as those found in the banner at the top of this post (by Studio Calico). Translation? Lots of stuff I love!!

So here's what I'll likely be ordering from CHA:


From left to right:
  • Crate Paper's Portrait and Emma's Shoppe are definite must-haves for me. I'll likely pick up at least a few pieces of Toy Box and Neighborhood, as well.
  • I don't normally buy a lot of American Crafts paper, but I love this piece from their Hello Sunshine line. Anything with paper lanterns on it is a win in my book. They've also got an interesting new border punch system coming out.
  • I'm definitely going to have to have this huge map stamp by Tim Holtz. Lately I'm loving anything with a map on it (must be the traveler in me). He's also got some awesome new tissue tapes on the way.
  • Creative Imaginations is another company whose style doesn't usually mesh with mine, but their new Sakura line is definitely going to have to make its way to my scrap room. I love cherry blossoms, and this line has them in bunches! My Little Shoebox also has a new line, Oasis, with a lot of cherry blossom prints, so I'll have to get a few of those, as well.
  • Studio Calico's two new lines, Countryside and State Fair, are so fun and colorful! I think that State Fair is my favorite.
  • Webster's pages always has a fantastic selection of little trinkets to add to your pages. I'm loving their Silhouettes, and also the bunches of little cabochon flowers that match their new paper lines.
  • Prima is another manufacturer whose paper style and mine have never really meshed, but I'm totally in love with all their journaling cards!! They're die cut to shape and very intricate, making them great for both scrapbook pages and cards. Plus, they're so small that while they're as ornate as the larger papers, they don't overwhelm because they're not taking up the whole page with pattern. Get peeks here, here, here, here, here, here, and here of all the new lines coming out, journaling cards included.
  • Cosmo Cricket has three fantastic new lines coming out. With all the beach travel I've done lately Salt Air is definitely going to come live with me, but I love Upcycle and Social Club, too.
  • Pink Paislee never disappoints, and this time around they have four fantastic new lines to release. Daily Junque and Soiree are my favorites- no surprise since they teamed up with House of 3 to design them. Hometown Summer is a design by Collage Press that Pink Paislee licensed, and I'll be picking up a few pieces of both it and Butterfly Garden.
  • I soooo did not need to know that Hambly is going to be making washi tape, because now I definitely have to have some of it! I'm also loving their pennant banner and camera rub-ons.
  • I love, love, love almost any Sassafras comes out with, and Smitten With is no exception. Those retro prints remind me of the sheets we had on the beds when I was a kid. Ellie's Tale is another fun line full of funky colors.
  • And, since Basic Grey made us all wait until the very end to see their lines, I'm putting them last here, as well. :) I'm totally in love with the Sweet Threads and Hello Luscious lines, and will pick up a few things from Life of the Party and Lauderdale, as well.
So now that you've seen what I'm after from this year's CHA, what do you think you might want to pick up?

Have a scrappy weekend!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan