February 2011 Counterfeit Kit

Monday, February 21, 2011

I found myself giddy with excitement this month as I waited to see which kit club had been selected for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I used to get almost as excited about reveals when I subscribed to kit clubs, but I find that there's just a little bit more to look forward to now as I realize that a) it's not going to cost me anything to get this kit and b) it'll be a fun project for me to put my kit together.

This month's selected kit comes from Scraps of Darkness- an edgy club that reminds me a bit of Bad Girls, but with a dark side. Their February release, The Telltale Heart, is full of deep purples paired with rich damasks and brocades and reminds me of my Halloween Glam article last October, just with a slightly different color palette.

I took the whole vibe and ran with it, rummaging through my stash to come up with this kit. 

_DSC2885.jpg

I opted to not use so much red in my kit and instead stuck to deep, plummy purples. I love how they contrast with the greys and am already dreaming of several layouts I'd love to make with this. The papers are a mix of Basic Grey's Bittersweet line, Saffron from Die Cuts With a View, along with some American Crafts and Making Memories thrown in for good measure.

_DSC2880.jpg

I decided to go heavier on the embellishments this time around since I kinda skipped that last time. It wasn't difficult at all to find several things in my stash that worked perfectly!

_DSC2881.jpg

I also took the time to add some neutral cardstock in (my favorite these days). Any of these shades will contrast nicely with the paper selection.

_DSC2883.jpg

I'm so, so happy with this kit that I can hardly stand it! I must use it soon!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan