Project 12- January 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

_DSC2942.jpg

I'm quite excited that Scrapbook and Cards Today is running Project 12 again this year! I didn't keep up with last year's layouts as I'd intended to, but I'm slowly working on them as I try to keep current on this year's pages.

Project 12 January 2011.jpg

I had a lot of fun putting this page together. The papers and the photos were awesome to play with- I've not used any of the newer My Mind's Eye papers, and the So Sophie line is a dream! The colors and the texture on the papers are incredible. I bought it online on a whim, and I'm so, so very happy that I did!

_DSC7437.jpg

Yup, those are snow kayaking and Aruba photos, side-by-side. Darren came into my scrap room last night while I was working on the page, looked at it, and commented that January was a good month. :)

_DSC7438.jpg

I'm journaling the highlights of each month whether they've pictured on the layout or not- it's just a good way to have all the major happenings in one place.

_DSC2944.jpg

I'm putting these layouts in my regular scrapbook albums, where they almost serve as "dividers" for each month- kind of like seeing a movie preview before watching the actual film.

_DSC2943.jpg

I'm also planning on continuing my monthly photo roundups here on the blog. I'm a bit perturbed at myself for not having January's up yet, but it's not like I've had a lot of free time in February to get it done! And then there's always Project Life to catch up on...yikes!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan