The Hitchhiker's Guide to Aruba

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Image credit Farmgirl in Flipflops via Simply Hue

We returned home last night after spending a crazy-fun-exhausting week in Aruba.

Yup, I said Aruba.

But let me stop you before you start daydreaming about white sand beaches, colorful umbrellas, and high-rise resorts, because we didn't go to that part of Aruba. We went to the wild, mostly ungroomed parts, and there was much hiking, walking, driving (on and off road), climbing, snorkeling, and even a bit of caving involved. Our Bahamas trip in December was meant to be a restful reading on the beach vacation, but Aruba was planned from the beginning as the real adventure.

We didn't actually hitchhike (and in fact we had fairly nice accommodations in Oranjestad, our own rental car, and good food), but a lot of the things we saw and did totally reminded me of passages from one of my favorite books- Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Right now I'm swamped with work to catch up on, bags, to unpack, and nine days worth of laundry that needs to be done, but over the next few weeks I'll be sharing those photos and stories with you (and getting them written down somewhere before I forget them).

As always, photo posts will be mixed in with projects and geekery so there's something for everyone. :)

For now, I'll leave you with a few photos that are among my favorites from the trip (though there are more than 1600 pictures still waiting for me to go through them!).

January 31, 2011


_DSC2181.jpg


February 5, 2011
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan