Friday Favorites: Bye-Bye, Boston!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Usually I really enjoy traveling, even for work, but this trip has been something of a nightmare. You've already heard me whining about how many hours I worked last week, and then this week I came down with some major sinus crud (or a cold, not sure which). I'm finally getting over it and really looking forward to going home tonight, where it's supposed to be much, much warmer this weekend than it is here in Boston (it's snowing/sleeting/raining this morning).

I know that my craft room and a ton of cool projects are waiting for me, too- I'm so excited to get back to it all! In celebration, here are a few items from the blogosphere that have me just itching to make stuff.


From left to right:
  • The Pantone Fall 2011 color report is out, and I have to say that I'm loving this one a lot more than the spring report. The deeper tones are much more my style than the spring pastels.
  • I love, love, love St. Patrick's Day (mostly because it's my birthday), so I was tickled to find this awesome piece of printable subway art at Eighteen25
  • If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed when it comes to putting together a layout from start to finish, you might want to check out Bite Sized Scrapbooking. It costs a mere $5 a month, and each day you get an email with a small task- choosing photos, papers, embellishments, etc.- and at the end of the week you assemble it all into a finished scrapbook page. Sizes (for papers and photos) and orientation (for photos) are included, making this a super easy way to put together pages!
  • Zakka Life has a post on making your own decorative brads.
  • Check out these gorgeous DIY flowers at Scrapbooks, Etc. (You just know that the color-spectrum flower photo almost guaranteed them a spot on the Friday Favorites this week :) ). 
  • House of Smiths shows how to make these lovely hanging flower balls. The roses are made of crepe paper, and a single one would be a beautiful addition to a scrapbook page.
  • Nichol Magouirk gives a tour of her lovely scrap room- love the white furniture!
  • And because you can never see enough scrap spaces, here's a look at Prairie Girl's sweet space, too!
  • I love these sweet magic wands by Elizabeth Kartchner. The directions could easily be altered to fit any holiday or occasion (hmmm...shamrock wand, anyone?).
Have a scrappy weekend, everyone!!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan