Cherry Blossom Festival

Friday, May 1, 2009

I finally have Cherry Blossom Festival photos ready to share! I took more than a thousand pictures over the weekend, and it took forever to get through them. I still haven't gone through all of the ones from the Smithsonian Museums, so I'll post those later.

I didn't want to put all 60 or so photos I selected into a single post, so if you scroll to the bottom of this one there's a link to an online album where you can see the rest of them.

The weekend was absolutely gorgeous- sunny and warm and not a cloud in the sky.



But there were lots and lots and lots of people there- a lot more than I expected. It wasn't bad, just kind of a shock.









This absolutely gorgeous building houses the EPA, of all things!



Darren's brother and sister-in-law were very kind to let us stay with them (in fact, they insisted on it!). We were hoping it wouldn't be too much trouble for them since Huong had *just* had their second baby barely a week before we got there. Everything worked out very well, though, and I got to see my brand new niece, Natalie, and her older brother, Matt.



Natalie was just about the most photogenic baby ever- I don't think that you could possibly take a bad photo of her!



And here's a link to the album where you can see about 50 more photos. :)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So much beauty. How fortunate you are to have been there. I think the closeups are my favorites...and baby toe-jam always brings a smile! She is a beautiful little one, and her brother is a gorgeous boy. Really great work capturing all. :-)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan