Scrapbook Generation Sketch Blog Hop

Monday, March 3, 2014

I love to continually try different things in my scrapbooking, and using a dozen photos (including five 4x6 prints!) on a single layout is definitely different for me! That's one of the reasons that I decided to join in on the March edition of the Scrapbook Generation sketch blog hop today. The other reason being that I collect their sketches, but with all of my design team responsibilities I rarely have a chance to use them!

My layout is based on a sketch from one of the February 2014 Four Packs, found in their store here.

sophies birthday.jpg

Supplies:


DSC_0248-2.jpg

DSC_0249-2.jpg

When I said that five of those photos were 4x6, I should have said close to 4x6. I printed these at home, and my Selphy CP900 actually prints at a slightly smaller size- made even smaller still by the fact that I like to add white borders to my photos. No worries, though- I just spaced them out on the background paper a bit instead of lining them up, and it made things look a little more my style, anyway!

I also modified the left page of the sketch, using a solid 6x12 strip of paper instead of two 6x6 blocks to help tie the two pages together. I also swapped out one of the 4x6(ish) photos for a journaling card since I only had five large photos that I wanted to use from this event.

DSC_6057.jpg

The patterned paper and many of the embellishment bits here are from Elle's Studio's Love You More collection. I had originally planned on using Basic Grey's RSVP, but the colors in the papers were simply too muted for my bright, summery photos. Their die cut pack and printed wood veneer cards worked well, though, and I used them to set the color scheme for the rest of the page. This is the layout where everything went wrong with my supplies- I know I have more RSVP items, including the chipboard, but I have no idea where they are right now!

DSC_6056.jpg

Not being able to find the embellishments that I'd intended to use on this page didn't stop me, though! I sifted through my stash and found more pieces from Elle's Studio, October Afternoon's new Girl Talk line, and even some older Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine bits to fill in the spaces. I'm not entirely happy with the results, but I was scrapping on a deadline and decided to just push through and get it done.

DSC_6055.jpg

There's a prize up for grabs in this hop, and if you leave a comment at each blog along the way you'll be entered to win the sketch bundle of your choice from the Scrapbook Generation store. The winner will be drawn on Monday, March 10th.

Lori is next up on the hop, and if you want to see the entire list of links in one place, you'll find that on the Scrapbook Generation blog.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan