Project Life 2011 - June 28 - July 2

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Checkered tablecloths at our favorite BBQ restaurant. My old and faithful car turning 300,000 miles (and I'm still driving it, almost two years later!). Spending a weekend with my family, running a 5K with my cousins, and photographing fireworks with Dad. So much happened during the week of June 28 - July 2, 2011- including all of the things I mentioned and more- making me so happy to now have this week tucked safely into my Project Life album!

project life 2011 - june 28 - july 2.jpg

Supplies:


The bold reds and blues in Simple Stories' Homespun collection worked well with the colors in my photos from this week, and I've actually noticed that several of the newly released collections have healthy amounts of primary colors in them. Yes, Pantone's Radiant Orchid has definitely put purple more front and center this year, but it seems that bolder colors are also becoming the norm, especially when mixed with more complex shades such as the aquas in Homespun (which also match my photos- yay!). You can see this trend in several other collections, too, including Studio Calico's Lemon Lush, where bright yellows and blues mix with a light purple, and also in Dear Lizzy's Daydreamer, with its pinks and aquas paired with navy blue and red. If you find yourself with a handful of photos to scrap that have a bold color scheme, but you would really like to use some other tones, these new collections might be the perfect way to help bridge the gap between the two color families!

DSC_0242-2.jpg

DSC_0243-2.jpg

DSC_6038.jpg

DSC_6036.jpg

DSC_6033.jpg

DSC_6031.jpg

I know that discussing color theory is a bit of a departure from my usual Project Life posts, but, to be honest, some weeks all I really have to say is, "yay, I finished another week, and here it is!" I was feeling much the same way toward the end of my term at Two Peas last year- like I had used up all of the new things I had to talk about in videos where Project Life was concerned, and it was just naturally time for me to be done with that. I have thought off and on for the last few weeks, though, about filming Project Life videos again without voiceover and just using music, like the ones I used to make and like Leena Loh's, which I've fallen madly in love with because a) they are nice and short and b) with music is actually my own preferred way of watching scrapping videos. I'll also admit that doing the voice part takes quite a bit of time that I simply don't have, but filming and then dropping the footage into iMovie to edit and add music is something I think I could handle...so, if I were to start filming "process" videos with music again, would you guys be interested in seeing them? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I wanted to ask just in case. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan