Blog Love: Cake Wrecks and Epbot

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

**All images are from the Cake Wrecks and Epbot blogs

Every once in a while I run across a blog (or blogs) that I just instantly love. Cake Wrecks is one of those- I've been reading it for a year or so, and it's just so funny and snarky that I can't help but have a serious blog crush on it!!

If you've not read Cake Wrecks, I really do encourage you to check it out. Basically, the author (Jen Yates) showcases really, really, really badly done cakes with mistakes that are often downright hilarious. I could show you some of them here, but they're just not the same without the witty narrative that accompanies them. Seriously, she'll have you in stitches! (And who knew that there were so many bad cakes in the world...)

What I will show you are some of the "Sunday Sweets" that are a weekly feature on Cake Wrecks. These are gorgeous, non-wrecked beauties that will often leave you wondering if it's really a cake or not!





Hehe, did you notice the Star Wars cakes? Some time after I started reading Cake Wrecks, I discovered that Jen is an even bigger geek than I am!! She has another blog, Epbot (Facebook page), where she explores all things sci-fi, steampunk, or just plain cool.

She was at Celebration V where she took tons of costume photos (see here and here, for starters). I have no idea how I missed this guy while I was there!!


And then Dragon*Con, where she took even more fabulous costume photos (just a sampling of them can be found here, here, and here). Please excuse me if these are Doctor Who heavy...I'm a bit hooked on that show at the moment...


Why, yes...yes those are TARDIS and Dalek corsets!


And this guy has quite the clever costume.


So, not only is miss Jen funny and geeky, she's also rather crafty. She recently redecorated her home office and covered her desk in...pennies!!


Yes, I said pennies.


And check out these cool necklaces made out of smashed souvenir pennies. Sweet!!



So hurry up and check out Jen's blogs!! Because any place where craftiness and geekiness coexist has to be awesome, right? :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan