Friday Favorites

Friday, October 1, 2010

I have to admit that even with a serious case of the sniffles I've been totally jazzed all day to write this post. My Friday Favorites roundups seem to get the most (and the sweetest) comments, and, let's face it, bloggers live for comments. :)

Just one quick thing before I get to the goodies for this week...when I gave the blog its makeover yesterday, I put in a special button with my Friday Favorites readers in mind. If you scroll about six buttons or so down the inner right column, you'll find a Friday Favorites button. Click that, and it will take you to all of the Friday Favorites posts that I've ever written (and today is number 52!!!). Now all the goodies are in one place for you!

Okay, on to the fun projects!


From left to right:
  • I'm guilty of saving every scrap of pretty scrapbook paper, even tiny little strips that I don't know quite what to do with.  Amy Heller's gorgeous flowers might just be the perfect use for them! Get the scoop on the Crate Paper blog.
  • I love pajamas. I mean, I really love pajamas. I probably have more pajamas than regular clothes, and I would be perfectly content to wear them to work if such things were allowed. This tutorial at Prudent Baby thrilled my pajama-loving heart- she shows how to take your favorite (and perhaps well-worn) pajama pants and use them as a pattern for a new pair!
  • How cool is this tutorial by Mike DelGaudio? He shows how to use Picasa to make a photo puzzle, which can then be mailed as a series of postcards. What a fun gift idea!
  • Every time I use my Cricut, I fall more in love with it, but sometimes it can be difficult to know exactly which image is on which cartridge! CricutSearch.com is a great resource- just type in what you're looking for, and it will return with a list of cartridges that contain that item, plus an image of the handbook page! Sweet! (via Capadia Designs)
  • The Gilded Bee shares this gorgeous altered book. She cut the entire page block out of on old book and replaced it with a medley of gorgeous papers. I so have to learn how to do this!
  • Learn to make this super cute fabric basket (step-by-step, with lots of photos) at Pink Penguin. I need some of these for the scrap room!
  • These creepy cool specimen boxes at Tater Tots And Jello are awesome ideas for Halloween decor. I've seen similar things done with other shapes, but never quite figured out how to line it all up. She's solved the problem for me, though- she's got a free printable placement grid available for download!
  • Learn to make these adorable paper Christmas Trees at the Crate Paper blog. They can be made either with a manual die cutter, or with an electronic cutter (an SVG file is available for download). These would be so sweet for any season with different papers- I may just have to make one or two for Halloween.
  • And, finally, I'm in love with this timeless, classic photo book. Because in the middle of all the elaborate scrapbook pages and crafts that I like to make, I sometimes lose sight of the fact that simple is beautiful, too.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan