Creature Comforts- Decorating for Fall

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I finally finished my fall/Halloween decorating inside the house (see the outside here) tonight, and just in time! I decided to not get out everything I have since there are a few projects still going on around the house and some of my open spaces are a little cluttered, but I did make a sweet little scene on the mantle.

_DSC7417.jpg

I found the pretty little pumpkins that I'd so admired in my Halloween Glam post (at Hobby Lobby) and purchased several. Oh, and of course I had to get some purple lights. :)

_DSC7422.jpg

The word art prints are from the site that I mentioned in this post. I had them printed at the Sam's Club photo lab, then stuck them in inexpensive frames from Target.

_DSC7426.jpg

This apothecary jar contains a shimmery bat garland that I picked up on clearance at Michael's last year. It was 90% off and cost me a whole 30 cents!!

_DSC7533.jpg

I've had these little ceramics for several years (I have lots more that I didn't get out this year). They were made by a sweet little old lady who sold them at one of the craft fairs that my Mom always used to have a booth at. I bought pieces from her for several years in a row and love them.

_DSC7535.jpg


_DSC7537.jpg

I nearly had a heart attack when I dropped my third little bird onto the tile and he broke. Thanks to some super glue he's almost as good as new now (and drying on my desk).

_DSC7542.jpg


_DSC7540.jpg

This little collection of gourds is in a cube of my Expedit shelf.

_DSC7433.jpg

And these gourds are on the dining room table. I scattered a lot of gourds from the farmers' market around the house thinking that they'll be great decorations for both Halloween and Thanksgiving (and somehow I forgot to photograph the stack that I have sitting right next to the bowl).

_DSC7438.jpg

I made a little wall art, too. The printed "Spooky" sign is from House of 3, the idea for the specimen box came from this site, and I made the collage of silhouettes using my Cricut Expression and the Happy Hauntings cartridge.

_DSC7543.jpg

The beauty of this gathering is that I can easily change out the art in the frames as the seasons and my mood change.

_DSC7551.jpg


_DSC7547.jpg

I've also got this little pile going to use in the rest of the house, including some fun hand towels (one of which my Mom embroidered for me), some fun paper napkins, and pillowcases that I sewed last year.

_DSC7553.jpg

Oh, and I have a pair of Halloween Domos on the bed, just because I like to be different. :)

_DSC7556.jpg
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan