December Daily Kit

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A few weeks ago the Christmas bug bit me just a little bit and I dove headfirst into making my December Daily base album. This will be my third Christmas to make one of these albums, and after the elaborate, time-consuming versions of years past I was ready for something super simple.

Over the last year or so I've seen some gorgeous 4x6 mini albums, so I decided to use that format this Christmas (it'll make printing photos so much easier). After selecting a color palette of green, red, blue, and gold, I went to work and eventually this kit was born.

christmas kit

The patterned papers are a total mix. Some are double-sided, some are glittered or foiled, and they're from various manufacturers including Basic Grey, Making Memories, My Mind's Eye, and K and Company.

christmas kit 2

I created some coordinating quote pages in Photoshop and had them professionally printed by a photo developer...

christmas kit 3

...and also selected coordinating cardstock and made a scalloped page and 4-bar (3.625" x 5.125") envelope (with coordinating liner) to match.

christmas kit 4

And then, of course, there are the goodies- handmade stickers and accordion flowers, custom cut journaling spots, handmade ruffled crepe paper, labels, and shipping tags. Oh, and binder rings (2"- this is going to be a chunky book!) to hold it all together.

christmas kit 1

But what about the dates?!?!?! Easy, peasy- I'm going to use one of these date stamps from the office supply store along with some black Staz-on ink.

2000 Plus Four Band Date Stamp, Type Size 1 1/2 (COS012730)


Simple, quick, and I won't have to worry about running out of 1s and 2s this time around.

I've made up a few extra kits and listed them in my new Etsy shop (well, new name, anyway) if you'd like one of your very own.

Oh, and I thought I was early on this album, but Ali Edwards posted that she's going to be working on her foundation pages this week, so it looks like I'm right on time!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan