Project Catch-Up

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I was so relieved to read a post by Shimelle this week saying she was behind on her Document 2010 project (as an aside, I am so totally doing one of these next year) and was playing catch-up this week. It's always encouraging to read real-life missives like that from other scrappers- it makes me feel like I have company over in the "too many projects started and not enough finished" camp.

I've been doing some catch-up of my own this week, working through some layouts I have yet to finish from the Use Your Stash and Camp Scrap classes I took not too long ago. Both of these pages were made using a Studio Calico kit from last year.

This first page is of a couple of photos that I've been wanting to scrap for a long time. My family was on my way to my brother's girlfriend's (now his wife) home, and we pulled off at a scenic overlook to shoot some family photos.

family photos

I'm almost a little nervous to post this next page because I know it can be a touchy subject. But, yes, that is me in the photos on the left-hand page, and yes, I am holding a AR-15 rifle. I am a shooter, I do enjoy target practice, and that is not the only rifle I own. Think of me what you will, but that's just who I am.

nice shot

I bet I'm one of the few shooters who likes to dress up my photos with buttons and flowers. :)

nice shot left

And, yeah, we had a small array of arms to practice with that day. For several years while we lived on a rural farm we would invite our families out for the 4th of July, have a cookout, and then play in the back field with fireworks and a little target shooting- these photos just happen to be from that event in 2006.

nice shot right

I soooo tried to find a particular clip of Jayne Cobb (played by Adam Baldwin) from Firefly to go along with this post, but the one I wanted wasn't available. I'll share this one instead...


I could go on and on with the Firefly clips, but I'll just end with another Adam Baldwin vid...


I'll be back either tomorrow or Monday with a geek post!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan