Geek Girl: Geeking Out For Halloween

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for a geeky Halloween! I won't be putting on a costume this year, but I will be running in a 5K Saturday morning and haven't yet decided between wearing my H2G2 or my Doctor Who t-shirt. Any opinions?

Hair Watch

I also haven't yet decided what I'm going to carve into my pumpkin this year (last year we made 1Up mushroom and Apple logo jack-o-lanterns), but I'm leaning toward this pattern of the Tenth Doctor. The problem is that it looks kind of intricate, and I'm very gourd-carving challenged.


Or, if Eleven is more your style, you can find a pattern here at Epbot.


OMG, They Made That!?!?

There are plenty of other genres represented on the pumpkin carving scene, and I've collected just a few of them here.

I love this R2-D2 pumpkin (via NPR), but, again, carving challenged!


Or how about the ladies of Star Trek (via Great White Snark)


Jen Yates at Epbot made this awesomely blinged-up pumpkin. You can hop on over to her post to get the down-low on the how-to.


This Death Star pumpkin is amazing, but it makes me tired to reading the directions!! Thanks to Aimee for sending the link over to me.


There's been lots of other craftage floating around out there, totally unrelated to either pumpkins or Halloween.

Take, for instance, this knitted Yoda hat (via Great White Snark)...though I suppose it could pass as a costume.


This awesome sampler featuring Jabba The Hutt has me wanting to pull out my cross-stitch thread and needles again!


Grins, Giggles, and Grimaces

This R2-D2 swimsuit (adorning a Jamie Lee Curtis lookalike) definitely got a grimace from me. I mean, really? I'd rather wear a slave Leia bikini!! (via Club Jade)


Book News

The fifth installment of John Jackson Miller's Lost Tribe of the Sith series was released earlier this week...Club Jade has all the info and a link.


A rough draft of Timothy Zahn's upcoming Mara Jade novel has been revealed. Can I get an amen?!?!?


A short story based in the new Knight Errant comic series has been released. Get all the details here.


The Randoms

I think I should be appalled at this lightsaber lip gloss, but instead I'm oddly entranced and want them all.


And, finally, I'd like to end with a moment of silence in honor of a dear, departed friends. Yes, Sony announced earlier this week that they are officially ceasing production of the cassette player Walkman. Excuse me while I sniffle and dab at my eyes with a tissue.

So long, old friend.


Until next time, geek out, peeps! Have an awesome Halloween!

Oh, and be sure to check out Club Jade's Halloween post for more fun stuff. 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan