bella blvd layout | my favorite time of the year

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DSC_4552.jpg

Oh, I so hope that you're not tired of seeing my cherry blossom photos yet, because I have a layout just filled with them to share with you today!

bella cherry blossoms.jpg

This two-page layout was up on the Bella Blvd. blog last week as part of a product feature for their new crochet flower embellishments.

DSC_8947.jpg

I used my Silhouette on the right-hand page and cut a dotted background that I then layered over the new Punch shade from the Sophisticates line. I like how it lets some of the color pop through without being just an entire field of solid pink.

DSC_4555.jpg

I sprinkled some of the crochet flowers around the page, nestling them inside a few of the dots, and I also added a few of the wooden buttons from Bella's Button Market line. And doilies. Can't forget the doilies, after all!

DSC_4556.jpg

I didn't originally intend for this to be a two-page layout, but after I finished with the right-hand page I felt that the photos, while not totally overwhelmed, didn't really have a chance to shine as much as I might have liked for them to. I decided the solution was to include more large photos of the same subject in a second page, so I pulled out a divided page protector with slots for 4x6 photos and loaded it up with more cherry blossom shots!

DSC_8948.jpg

There's no rule that says you can't decorate the outside of a divided page protector, so I stuck another wooden button and crochet flower right on top of the plastic (Glue Dots are perfect for this application) to tie the two pages together. I decided to leave the embellishment on this side simple so the photos would really stand out.

DSC_4557.jpg

I'm thinking that I need to find another flower obsession for the summer now that cherry blossom season has been over for more than a month. The hydrangea bushes in my front yard are looking like great candidates!


Supplies (click on images for product links):




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan