prom photo shoot

Saturday, May 5, 2012

My niece asked me at the last minute (as in the day before) last week if I would take her prom photos for her. After a few emails back and forth with her and her mom, we finally settled on a time (which happened to be right after my gym class) and a place (which happened to be two minutes away from said gym class on the university campus).

The result was me running over to the lake in running shorts and a Star Wars t-shirt, while Elyse and her boyfriend, Zack, looked...well, they looked like this:

DSC_4372.jpg

Gorgeous, right? I loved Elyse's neon orange dress, and her shoes were toooo cute! She wore silver glittered Bobs, which are the Skechers version of Toms.

DSC_4379.jpg

DSC_4386.jpg

DSC_4393.jpg

I subscribe to a few wedding photography blogs, so I had a few ideas for poses before showing up. I'm faaaaaar from professional, though. Luckily, Elyse and Zack were very easy to work with, and when I asked Elyse to show me some attitude- well, she did what comes naturally to her. :)

DSC_4399.jpg

DSC_4402.jpg

DSC_4404.jpg

Zack, however, could hardly stop grinning!

DSC_4405.jpg

Though he really, really tried. :)

DSC_4410.jpg

DSC_4411.jpg

DSC_4413.jpg

DSC_4420.jpg

DSC_4421.jpg

DSC_4425.jpg

DSC_4427.jpg

We had just under 20 minutes to get their photos taken before they had to leave to make a dinner reservation, but we managed to get in several locations around the lake in that time.

DSC_4433.jpg

DSC_4437.jpg

And they were game for just about anything I wanted to try, including having Zack pick Elyse up and put her on the wall.

DSC_4439.jpg

DSC_4445.jpg

DSC_4448.jpg

DSC_4449.jpg

Okay, seriously, too adorable!!

DSC_4453.jpg

DSC_4458.jpg

DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4463.jpg

And then they were off!

DSC_4468.jpg

And now that it's graduation season, I'll be shooting both her graduation and my cousin's, barely a week apart!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan