layout | obsessed

Thursday, May 3, 2012

DSC_3923.jpg

The obsession runs two ways with this layout.

DSC_8946.jpg

The first is obvious- cherry blossoms. I adore them. I take thousands of photos of them while they're here. I scrap lots of layouts about them when they're not. These three particular photos show the main varieties that bloom here in Huntsville- sometimes in my yard, sometimes around the office, and sometimes on the university campus. I don't really care what type or where- I'm an equal opportunity photographer when it comes to these babies!

DSC_3927.jpg

And the other obsession? Studio Calico kits. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd resubscribed in January (I was a subber long ago in the 2006-2007 range- I don't remember the exact year, but I started with their fourth- yes  fourth- kit and loved it), and this page was made with the April kit, City of Lights. I love it. I love the exclusive Sassafras papers, the mix of products, and how well they suit my style.

DSC_3922.jpg

And something cool happened when I re-started my Studio Calico subscription- I stopped shopping randomly. Oh, I still pick up new lines now and then from companies that I love, but random buying stuff on clearance or checking out the closeout items at Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx? I have zero desire to do that now. I'm happy to scrap with my design team products, my stash, select supplies from my favorite manufacturers (and I'm buying less and less of even that these days), and of course these kits. It's made my scrapbooking much calmer. Less organizing, more creating- I'd say that's definitely worth the price of the subscription!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan