project life 2012 | week 12

Monday, May 14, 2012

While I have all my photos printed (or ready to be sent off to print...just waiting for Snapfish to have another sale) for my 2012 Project Life album, I'm still in catch-up mode when it comes to assembling the pages. Luckily I can usually steal 15 minutes once or twice each evening after work, meaning that if I don't have any other assignments I can sometimes get two weeks of the album scrapped by the time Friday rolls around.

I've actually got several weeks of this album held back for other assignments, but I'm absolutely free to share my Week 12 layout here since it was purely for fun.

project life 2012 week 12.jpg

I loved Basic Grey's Konnichiwa when I previewed it at CHA in January (seriously, this one is so much prettier in person than online), especially since it has the whole cherry blossom theme going on. You guys know I like cherry blossoms, right? :) This particular week marked the end of cherry blossom season in Huntsville, so I made sure that I put this line to use for that theme in this album while I still could!

DSC_8974.jpg

I used the 6x6 pad from the Konnichiwa collection for all of the patterned paper on this layout. Basic Grey tends to do a lot of big, all-over patterns, and I knew that some of the impact would be lost if I cut those larger papers down, so I went with the smaller scale prints instead. Only having to cut two inches off of the paper in my title block, for example, means that more of those gorgeous designs are preserved on the page.

DSC_5070.jpg

The Konnichiwa chipboard, brads, and element stickers make appearances, as well.

DSC_5071.jpg

DSC_5072.jpg

I also mixed in some Elle's Studio journalers, and of course you'll find some basic office supply items like shipping tags on almost every Project Life page, too.

DSC_5076.jpg

Here's the right hand page, marking the end of cherry blossom season, schistosomes (Darren sent me a photo of some that he'd isolated in the lab at work from duck poo, of all things!), a trip to the nursery to buy some new plants for the yard, and fun with cats.

DSC_8975.jpg

I don't usually date every photo on my Project Life layouts, but I experimented on this page with adding it to a few of them. Not sure if I'll keep it up or not, but it was good to try it.

DSC_5077.jpg

I love this picture! You may recognize a crop of it from this post of one of my Lily Bee layouts a couple of weeks ago. I kept this one whole for Project Life because you can see my sock feet standing on a step ladder in front of my desk to get the proper perspective on the stack of paper I was photographing.

DSC_5078.jpg

DSC_5079.jpg

DSC_5080.jpg

DSC_5081.jpg

I also had one insert this week. I've almost given up on limiting inserts- I seem to love making them, and honestly I really like having the extra photos in the book. So, new rule! I'll make inserts wherever and whenever the mood strikes.

One side of the insert documents the morning after my birthday when Dad and I went out to take photos early in the morning.

DSC_8977.jpg

DSC_5083.jpg

The other side holds more cherry blossom photos. Because, you know, I hadn't scrapped enough of them already. :)

DSC_8978.jpg

DSC_5082.jpg

I can't emphasize it enough- changing up the supplies every week is what has kept me interested on this project so far. I know I got bored using the same kit over and over last year, and I'm happy to have found a way to keep it fun and fresh every week!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan