geek girl | the lego edition

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Good evening geeks! I hope you've all had a good weekend. I had planned to have a big scrappy time on Saturday during National Scrapbooking Day, but instead I went to my cousin's 18th birthday party...and a tractor pull, of all things! All of that came up at the last minute, but it was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I went. I'll have photos ready to share next weekend!

I'm busy working on a huge scrappy feature for the blog starting two weeks from tomorrow, so I'm going to be short on words tonight and just let you browse the geekiness- this time all the picks are Lego related!!

 

From the top left:
  • Minimalist movie and TV posters as imagined with basic Lego blocks. If you click through the link, there's a cool Ninja Turtles one, as well.
  • This Lego shuttle actually actually went into space! Click through the link for a video.
  • This amazing clock was built using Lego Mindstorms. Again, there's a video waiting for you on the other side of the link!
  • While The Hobbit completely creeped me out as a kid (and, who am I kidding, as an adult, too), I have no issues with The Lord Of the Rings and found the minifigures for the upcoming licensed Lego sets to be rather cool!
  • Yes, those are Lego brick shapes baked into cupcakes. And suddenly my brother just decided what he wants his birthday cake to be this year...
  • It's amazing what you can build with Legos- like this amazingly detailed spaceport, dreamed up and constructed without a step-by-step instruction sheet.
  • How about a Back To The Future DeLorean, recreated in Lego to 1:15 scale. Too cool!
  • This Lego replica of a Game Boy actually transforms into...well, a Transformer!
  • More cerebral Lego enthusiasts will appreciate these limited edition Lego-themed Moleskine notebooks. I might just have to get one to put next to my Star Wars Moleskine collection. 
Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan