pink paislee | declaration mini

Thursday, May 17, 2012

DSC_4942.jpg

Pink Paislee has been doing a bit of blog hopping (well, more like blog swapping) lately, just like Lily Bee did earlier this week. If you're not familiar with the idea, manufacturers will often do swaps between two companies where each design team gets a sample of the other's products, and then everyone shows how well to two play together.

This week Pink Paislee and Punky Sprouts teamed up, and I was given a mini album along with a few basic kraft embellishments to play with. The items were shipped to me at the same time as Pink Paislee's new Declaration mini collection (I'm in love, I tell you! In love!!), and I couldn't wait to play with those gorgeous red, white, and blue papers!

DSC_4957.jpg

I ended up going themed with this one (gasp- I know!!!) and scrapped several photos from the last three years that I've run the Independence 5K in my hometown in Tennessee. In keeping with the whole Fourth of July and fireworks theme, I took some of the kraft bits by Punky Sprouts that are (I think) meant to be rolled into flowers and turned them into fireworks instead! All it took was a few strategically placed mini Glue Dots and a little bit of Silver Mister Huey (if you haven't tried the new Silver and Gold misters from Studio Calico, you should- I promise, you need them!!).

DSC_4962.jpg

I dedicated two pages of the album to each year of the race, which means that I actually have a few blank pages at the end that are now already decorated and ready to hold photos of future runs of this event, as well!

DSC_4987.jpg

DSC_4952.jpg

I cut this big flower out of one of the patterned paper sheets in the Declaration line- these papers are simply gorgeous and seriously so very easy to work with!

DSC_4986.jpg

You can catch a glimpse of the collection's chevron patterned paper on the album page below- I love how so many patterns in the line are incorporated on this one sheet!

DSC_4964.jpg

DSC_4985.jpg

DSC_4954.jpg

DSC_4966.jpg

This kraft flower is another Punky Sprouts embellishment. It was actually circle of coffee filter-like material that I misted (with silver again), covered with a glitter splatter, then pinched in the middle to make a flower shape.

DSC_4984.jpg

DSC_4991.jpg

DSC_4997.jpg

I have to tell you right now that I'm already having to resist the urge to hoard this paper collection! I love it so much, and it's going to be useful for so many things- Independence Day (one of my favorite holidays), Memorial Day (I run a 5K on that day every year, too), and summer pages, as well. I can't wait to see what all of you do with it, too!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan