New Wii Games- This is going to hurt my budget...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm just stunned at the number of new Wii games that are coming out that I'm just going to have to have. I wasn't really thrilled with any of the announcements made at E3, but there are games on the radar that didn't get much mention there but really have my attention.



First up, Rock Band 2 (November 18, 2008). The game that made me decide to skip buying Rock Band 1 altogether. Not only are the instruments, including the drum set, being upgraded for this release, but it will be backward compatible with the original games and track pack. As a bonus, ION is making a *real* electronic drum set that can be used with this game. It's $300, but if I get good enough with the one that comes with the game, I may consider buying one.





Next is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (September 16, 2008). I'm really not sure how I'll handle a game with a story mode like this. Since I missed out on the last 10 years of console and PC games, I think I failed to pick up some fundamental theory of gaming that makes playing these things easier. But, it should be worth it just for the thrill of running around my living room swinging the Wii remote like a lightsaber.



Guitar Hero World Tour (October 27. 2008) is also on the short list- the track list looks somewhat promising, and I love Guitar Hero III. I just wonder how many sets of musical peripherals will fit in my living room, which is quickly becoming the Wii room.



Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 (September 16, 2008). Must have. Period. I love the first DDR for the Wii and played it incessantly for several months until I got to that last song that was insane...something about a samurai in New York City. Craziness. But I love this game and am so happy to see another version coming out.


2 comments:

  1. Good thing you live in the country! If you were in a subdivision your doorbell would ring constantly. :-)

    The DDR sounds fun. And I'd like to see you play the drums on RB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Scrappy Jedi! Thanks for your comments on my improvised shoe caddy! You asked whether I plan on making a pattern, but I actually don't think I'll be making another anytime soon-it wasn't too hard, but it was just very time-comsuming!

    Really, all I did was put
    seam binding on long strips of fabric, then just folded in the bottoms and sewed them down to make the pockets. Pretty easy to figure out, but as I said, time-consuming!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan