Going over to the pink side

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am not a girly girl by any stretch of the imagination. I like my cargo pants, whether they're in fashion or not, and I much prefer something made by Columbia, Kelty, or The North Face to Gucci, Prada, and Versace.

And I normally abhor the color pink.

I'll pause a moment to let some of you digest that statement, because I know there are a lot of pink lovers out there. :)

I've decided, though, to let a little pink into my world for the next few weeks. It started with these adorable pajamas that I found at Target last Sunday. I love the rainbows on the pants, and the shirt...well, how could anything that advertises "Cupid's Lollipops" not be simply adorable?

I'm not going to go totally pink, but I did get out some scrappy supplies of that hue and make a couple Valentine's Day cards to enter into some sketch challenges this week.

This card is for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.



And this one is for this week's CPS sketch.

After February 14th, though, I'm back on a strictly no-pink diet. Except I may have to keep wearing that shirt...

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Urban prairie "love you" card! Super cute...It's funny because I've never been a girlie girl at all...not fancy, jewelry, make-up and fashion oriented...but for some reason girlie scrapbook products are just awesome to me! I'm all about the pink when it comes to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be something in the air. I spent a fun hour this week mixing white into a bold pink fifty cent goof gallon of paint. Winter makes me crave color.

    Cute, cute, cute pj's! and the cards are too precious. I'm going to try to copy. I've been loving pink for a while...even more now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet cards and PJ's! If I weren't on a spending freeze, I would totally go get those cute rainbow pants!

    Great job with sketch 99...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job with your CPS Sketch card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No pink? No PINK?! You gotta warn a girl before you say something like that! LOL...I live in a very pink household. With three daughters and an ultra girly momma, there's pink everywhere you turn. My poor husband has learned to accept it.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan