color me : miami

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I love, love, love color palettes when I see them on other blogs. I gaze longingly at them, pin them, and sometimes I ::gasp:: even use them! I finally decided to start making my own palettes, each complete with a mini mood board (because I really should put all of those "just because" images that I pin to use), and share them here weekly. They won't always go up on the same day, and if I have a busy week full of other posts I may skip a week here and there- it's just something that's new and fun for me to try. :) Hopefully they can provide some color inspiration for your next scrapbooking layout!

I'm kicking the series off with a bright, sunny, Miami-inspired palette of pink, orange, yellow, and green, and just looking at it has me thinking of warm sandy beaches...and Burn Notice.

miami

Image sources: WindowWall | Vintage Revivals | Not Without Salt | Unknown (phantom pin!) | 100 Layer Cake

If you're wondering how a color palette can be used in scrapbooking, you might want to check out the first eight minutes or so of the video that I put together for this Project Life lesson at Two Peas in a Bucket. My favorite way to use color schemes is as inspiration for pulling together papers and supplies from a wide variety of manufacturers and collections to make my own kits, and you'll see me do that here.


If you create anything based on this palette please link it up in the comments- I'd love to see it!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan