june garden at two peas : achievement unlocked

Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Garden at Two Peas in a Bucket is focused on "milestones" during the month of June, and for my layout I chose to scrap a few more photos from my second degree black belt test back in 2010. I know I just typed that, but I refuse to believe that it was that long ago!

achievement unlocked full.jpg

Supplies:






I used quite a few items from Bella Blvd's All American collection, but of course I mixed in lots of other little bits including a few older items (of course!). Having all of my embellishment sorted out by color has made it a lot easier to mix and match smaller embellishments from lots of collections on one page. For example, that frame with the red outline behind the vertical photo? It's part of Pink Paislee's Cottage Farms line, and had I not split that pack up and slipped this piece into the "red" embellishment drawer I doubt I would have ever pulled out a package of embellishments from such a girly, floral line to see if anything matched this page.

achievement unlocked.jpg

I thought I'd use this layout as an opportunity to show an alternative way of making a two-page layout. Long-time readers of my blog know that I'm a big fan of printing up several full-size photos and placing them along with just a bit of embellishment or extra journaling in a divided page protector. It's a fast and easy way to create a second "page" for your layout and get some extra photos into your album at the same time.

second degree black belt right.jpg

This entire page started with the title...even before I'd picked out the photos I was going to scrap (it was going to be either TKD or running), I knew that this was going to be the title of my layout!

DSC_8779.jpg

DSC_8776.jpg

DSC_8778.jpg

I loved using a patriotic themed collection for a sports page, especially since my test was taken in a gymnasium on an Army base with a massive American flag on one wall! If you have any patriotic papers (I've got a roundup of all the current collections here) left over after scrapbooking Memorial and Independence Day, you might want to consider using them for sports pages, too!

6a01675f1b3cd6970b019102c4e55f970c

June also means that there's a new round of cut files and printables in Two Peas Digital Shop, including the batch of freebies pictured below. The geek in me is totally loving all of the stars and constellations this month!

2935628_600x6002935626_600x6002935559_600x600

Happy Thursday, everyone!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan