light up the sky {lawn fawn}

Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's time for the June Inspiration Week festivities to begin over on the Lawn Fawn blog, and we're kicking things off today with a look at the new Happy 4th stamp set!

Last summer the design team helped Kelly brainstorm sentiments for the already-released Happy Everything set, and along the way we came up with a list of holidays that we'd love to see stamp sets for. July 4th was definitely near the top of the list, and I was super excited to see what a Fawny version of fireworks would look like!

DSC_9901

Supplies:




I have to admit, this layout and I didn't get along at first. At. All. I wanted to use fireworks photos, but the backgrounds are so dark and the colors very bold and difficult to match with Lawn Fawn's bright, cheerful paper collections. I ended up pulling papers from Fa-La-La (the cream background), Dewey Decimal (the Puffy Stars die cut outlines), and even a little blue from Daphne's closet. I hated the page at first and nearly trashed it in the middle of the process, but as I added more items- the silver letters cut with Quinn's ABCs dies, the blue watercolor (DIY'ed from acrylic paints), hand-stitching inside the star die cuts, and a sprinkling of sequins, it finally turned into a layout that I actually love! I just had to hang with it until things worked out.

DSC_9747

I finished the page off by stamping some of the fireworks and the "Happy 4th of July" sentiment with Versamark, then heat embossing with silver glitter powder to match the alphas. Love that sparkly effect!

DSC_9746

DSC_9744

The other design team girls have some fabulous cards and layouts to share with you today, so be sure to check out all of their projects over on the Lawn Fawn blog, where you'll find giveaways to enter, too!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan