Lawn Fawn June Inspiration Week | Quinn's Capitals

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lawn Fawn's June Inspiration Week continues on their blog today with a look at the new Quinn's Capitals stamp set! You guys already know how much I love Quinn's ABCs stamps and dies, and having a set of uppercase letters for the alphabet is a welcome addition to my stamp collection! And I think I heard something about a set of dies being planned for these eventually, but you didn't hear that from me!

The great thing about making your own alphas, whether stamped, die cut, or both, is that you can customize them to match any paper collection you choose! I used Lawn Fawn's Pink Lemonade collection for my layout and custom-colored and hand-cut my title after stamping with Quinn's Capitals.

DSC_9902

Supplies:




DSC_9753

There's something about hanging around with fellow design team members who use artsy mediums that makes me want to try it, too! Wilna at Two Peas has me eyeing Gelatos, and the Fawny girls who do such awesome coloring with alcohol markers made me want to try a little blending! I picked up a set of American Crafts Chromatix markers recently (before I remembered that I already have Bic Mark-Its, which also blend) and put the Cranberry set to work on my title. I did a little ombre shading, then cut my letters out and coated them with a thick layer of Glossy Accents to give them a little dimension and shine. Fun stuff, and I'll definitely be trying out my markers again soon!

DSC_9756

DSC_9755

The Lawn Fawn design team never ceases to inspire me with their creativity, and I encourage you to stop by the Lawn Fawn blog today to check out their projects and to enter the awesome stamp and die giveaways going on this week!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan