project life 2013 week 16 + we r memory keepers divided page protector review

Monday, June 24, 2013

Today in my Project Life album I'm taking one of the new Albums Made Easy kits from We R Memory Keepers for a spin! I've been excited to get my hands on one of these kits ever since I photographed them at CHA Winter (you can see my We R booth writeup here). I used their Memo collection for this layout, and I've got a review of it and a comparison of their Albums Made Easy page protectors to share with you a little later on in this post.

First, the layout. Which is really photo heavy, and I probably should have though of that before chose this particular week's pictures to use in this review. I thought that the greens, pinks, and oranges of all the plants that we bought during our anniversary weekend would look great with this collection, but what I didn't take into account was just how much I love to take photos of flowers. Which is apparently a lot. No worries, though, because I've got plenty of photos of the cards themselves to show you in just a bit.

project life 2013 week 16.jpg

Supplies:





DSC_9886.jpg

DSC_9887.jpg

I pretty much stuck to just the Memo kit for this page and added in just a few little pearls, rhinestones, enamel dots, and brads. I made a mistake when I printed my journaling on one of the cards, and while they're double sided and I absolutely could have used the back of that card on another page, I opted to punch it into butterflies and use them as embellishments instead.

DSC_9546.jpg

DSC_9547.jpg

Lots of people have been curious about the contents of these kits- how many different designs are there, how many of each size, and how many duplicates? I counted out my Memo kit, and here's what I found:
  • Each kit contains 275 cards and retails for $9.99
  • There are 75 total 4x6 cards - 5 each of 15 designs
  • There are 200 total 3x4 cards- 8 each of 25 designs.
  • All cards are double sided
If you've purchased Studio Calico or Becky Higgins brand Project Life cards, then you're probably used to seeing great patterns on the front and neutral grids on the back. The We R Memory Keepers kits shake it up a bit, though, because while the card fronts contain fantastic patterns...

DSC_9514.jpg

...the card backs are grids and patterns in lots of fun colors, styles, and designs and not just neutral (though one or two still are).

DSC_9515.jpg

The photos above show a selection of the 3x4 cards, and the two pictures below show a set of the 4x6 cards, front and back.

DSC_9517.jpg

Can I just say that it's awesome to see some filler and sentiment cards that don't say "Best Day Ever" or "Loved This?" The Memo set is just slightly snarky without being overly negative, and I love that!

DSC_9519.jpg

The cards are designed to fit perfectly in the Albums Made Easy page protectors (I received the set that's similar to the Project Life "Design A" style to review), and as you can see in the photo below, they do.

DSC_9378.jpg

DSC_9388.jpg

What happens, though, when these pages are put to the "3x4 Test" that I've been using for similar styles of page protectors?

DSC_9379.jpg

My 3x4 card fit perfectly in the first two slots...

DSC_9380.jpg

...but got a little bit hung up on the third one.

DSC_9383.jpg

DSC_9384.jpg

As you can see, it did fit inside, but not with enough room to actually lay flat. And as I was writing that, this scene from Star Trek: Into Darkness totally came to mind:


The fourth pocket did fit again, so it's just the third one you'll have to watch out for if you're cutting your own 3x4 cards or using other manufacturer's cut-apart sheets and want to use these pages. They do work perfectly with the cards that they were designed for, though.

DSC_9385.jpg

I think that with this review I've gone through all of the "Design A" type divided page protectors on the market at the moment, and if I discover I've missed one (or if a new one comes out) I'll be sure to pick some up to review. If you'd like to see the other posts in my ongoing comparison of different brands of pocket page protectors, you can check out these links:

Happy Monday, everyone!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan