mother's + father's day cards

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oh, those cards! I'm definitely not the best at making them, but I do like to give my family handmade cards for birthdays and special occasions. Recently that's meant both Mother's and Father's Day cards for my parents, and I thought I'd share both of those here today.

First up, Mom's Mother's Day card! For this one I pulled out some stamps that I bought long ago but hadn't used yet- Rosie Posie + Rosie Posie Step 2 by Papertrey Ink- along with the coordinating dies. The flowers were super, super easy to cut and stamp using the tiered stamp sets to add some darker highlights to the flowers. So pretty, and I'll definitely be getting more use out of this set!

DSC_8884.jpg

Dad's Father's Day card is more pattern-y with no stamping in sight, and it was completely inspired by the "Happy Father's Day" banner in the May monthly tag kit from Elle's Studio. I very nearly kept that tag to use in my Project Life album (hello, it has hexagons on it!), but Dad's worth it, so I gave it to him instead. :) The globe paper is from the kit that I pulled out to match the Oxford Lane collection by My Mind's Eye in my last Back to the Future post, and the woodgrain was pulled out of my scrap bin (I think it's from Crate Paper's DIY Shop).

DSC_9784.jpg

Sometimes cards click for me, sometimes they don't. I'm so glad that the card making kung-fu was with me for this pair!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan