citrus twist kits june 2013 reveal

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reveal day is such a fun day for me! I love getting to post lots of layouts in one go, and the June kits were filled with so much delicious summer color!

Just a little note- the Citrus Twist web site is offline at the moment. Early last week their web host had server issues that resulted in the site and blog going down, and despite several efforts by the host company to restore it they haven't been able to bring it back up. Citrus Twist is hurrying behind the scenes to move to a new site as quickly as possible, and in the meantime they've gone ahead and unveiled a brand new blog!

Now, on with the layouts!

I'm starting with my absolute favorite page this month- I sat down and just did my happy layering thing and love the result. There's a mix of every single kit on this page- Main, Embellishment, Add-On, and Patterned Paper Add-On- along with a digital cut file from the Two Peas shop in their June exclusives, colored with some of my homemade mist.

DSC_9883.jpg

The photo is of Darren at the Tennessee State Fair last year. Poor guy does not do well with crowds, loud noise, or flashing lights, and he still came along with my parents and I to spend the day at the fair! Like I said in last month's reveal, he's a keeper!

DSC_9568.jpg

DSC_9567.jpg

I started the next layout (Main kit only) not even intending to scrap a page. I'd just opened up my kits to look through everything while I had a few minutes, and I started playing with arrangements of the chipboard frames from Crate Paper's The Pier just for fun. One layer led to another, and pretty soon I found myself flipping through my photo storage album for pictures to match. It was a bit backwards from my usual layout process, but I like the result!

DSC_9884.jpg

The photos are of the sunset (obviously) on our last night in Aruba. I'd originally printed them out at different sizes than the ones I used and reprinted them to fit into the frames. I also included six more 4x6 photos of the same sunset in a plain divided page protector on the page opposite this in my album (not shown).

DSC_9565.jpg

DSC_9562.jpg

My last layout today was also the last one that I made with the June kits. By this time all the different kits had well and truly been mixed together, and I really had my pick of items to choose a color palette from. In the end, it was the little orange flair button (Citrus Twist now has exclusive flair badges in the main kit!) that inspired the color scheme for this page.

DSC_9885.jpg

The photos are some older ones- summer of 2010 at the lake for a day with Darren's parents while his brother's family was visiting from DC. I made a photo book with photos from the entire week shortly afterward, but I haven't scrapped much of it in my regular albums.

DSC_9559.jpg

DSC_9558.jpg

I also scrapped a Project Life layout with this month's kits, and I'll be sharing it next Monday on my usual Project Life posting day.

Here's a look at all of the new kits before I go, in both video and photo format. The main sold out early in pre-release, but as of posting the other kits and add-ons are still available!

"Boardwalk" Main Kit

June main kit (800x533)

June Project Life Kit "Sunshine Day"

June PL kit (800x533)

June Embellishment Kit "Ferris Wheel"

June embellie kit (800x551)

June Kit Add-On "Charming"

June add on alternate (800x533)

June Pattern Paper Kit "Hello Summer

June pattern paper (800x533)

June 2013 Kit Video


Have a great day!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan