How Star Wars Changed the World

Wednesday, September 10, 2008


This was originally posted on The Official Star Wars blog, but I thought it worth posting here, as well. I've lost count of how many movies I've seen that list Industrial Lights and Magic (ILM) in their credits, but the sheer number of them suggests just how much influence that one movie had not only on viewers, but on the entire movie industry.

The original article was in Wired in 2005 and can be found here, and an easy-to-read large version of the Star Wars Influence Map is here. I can already tick off half a dozen or more entries that should have been added since then, and I'm sure there are scores more that I don't know about.

I know that with everything going on in the world (wars, earthquakes, hurricanes) this may seem trivial, but I just thought it was cool. No matter how grown up we get, we should still be able to play. :)

I suddenly miss all those Star Wars and Stargate DVDs I have at home (I'm in Colorado for work again). I will have to spend some quality time with them this weekend.


1 comment:

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan