Something Happy

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The news coming out of Pearlington now is a little better- a lot of homes have water or some sort of damage, but the damage is not as catastrophic as that caused by Katrina. There are already teams preparing to go down and help. If you want to be involved, check out the Pearlington, MS blog for information on ways to help either by volunteering your time or by donating money for building supplies. Even though the damage is not as bad as last time, they are still greatly in need of help. Many residents were still in the middle of the rebuilding process from the last storm three years ago. Their financial, mental, and emotional states are still mending from that experience and they need all the support they can get.

Since today seems to be a happier day than yesterday, I don't feel so bad about posting this happy page. In a July post, I shared some photos that Dad and I took of 4th of July fireworks in my hometown. Last night I scrapped some of those photos. I still have some star-shaped eyelets I want to add, but it'll have to wait until I get back to my scrap room and can use my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite to reach that far into the page.

The papers, ribbon, and letters are from a prize pack I won in a drawing at an Archiver's crop. :-)


1 comment:

  1. I spent a long, very hot day helping a friend. And I'm here tonight to check on your friends because I was hopeful you would provide an update. I am so relieved to find a better outcome than what was feared. I know you're anxious to get down there to see for yourself and offer your continued support.

    The page is extraordinarily beautiful and so very appropriate tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan