geek girl | is there a doctor in the house?

Sunday, July 10, 2011

We've entered the long drought of the mid-season break (whose bright idea was that, anyway) of the current season of Doctor Who, and I have to admit that I'm going through withdrawals. In an attempt to fill that big, TARDIS-shaped hole in my life, I've scoured the web for some of the coolest (and cutest) Doctor Who goodies to share with you today.

Are you ready? Allon-sy!!


From top left:
  • How freaking adorkable is this fan art of the Tenth Doctor (whose name is held in deep reverence in this house) and his beloved TARDIS? All together now...awwwww!!! I think that deserves a closer look...



  • Here's the first of two Dalek cupcake entries for this evening. I love the color choices on this one- so unique!
  • I had to have this t-shirt (of course, it has Ten on it!!!) featuring an awesome mashup of Peanuts and Doctor Who. Brilliant! Darren preferred the Fighting Time Lords model, but only because he thinks that fezzes (and bowties) are cool.



  • Here's another Dalek interpreted in cupcake form, this time with icing and dragees. Beautiful!
  • I giggled and giggled and giggled some more at this takeoff on the Intel logo. If only my hard drive were actually bigger on the inside!!
  • This Dalek-shaped bird feeder is simply adorable, though not as squirrel-proof as the designer had hoped.
  • Doctor Who and Peanuts seem to be a popular combination at the moment- I love Larry Wentzel's reimagination of the two genres!
  • TARDIS necklace? Yes, please!! I ordered mine from this charming (no pun intended) Etsy shop and simply adore it!
  • A few weeks ago I brought you the IKEA instructions for a lightsaber, and today's post features them for the TARDIS. Or, should I say TJARDIIS. I think this one deserves a closer look, too.



Now, if you've just read that entire post and have no idea what I'm talking about (or maybe you just think I'm a little crazy, in which case...you're right), check out this video that'll tell you everything you need to know to start watching Doctor Who. Hint: All of the new series are streaming on Netflix!


Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan