friday favorites | september 30, 2011

Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday, peeps! I hope you've all had a good week. Mine has been all about the new job, which I'm totally loving so far.

For those of you who wonder what a software engineer does, I thought I'd share this video (thanks to Darren who killed a few of my brain cells by sending it to me) that shows what software people don't do.




A Visual Basic interface? To track an IP address? Seriously, I cringe every time I hear something like that in a television show or movie. Ugh! Having a Computer Science degree has ruined some genres of TV shows for me permanently! They should hire me as a consultant or something. :)

Okay, enough with the geeky stuff. You're here for crafty links, right? :)

 

From the top left:
  • Typography geeks will be interested in the Ampersand Tumblr Blog. Yes, someone made a whole blog about ampersands and manged to post a new one every day for a whole year!
  • Basic Grey's blog is off to a great start with so many awesome projects being shared. This card in particular has step by step directions- perfect for those who are a bit card challenged at times (like me!). 
  • Speaking of cards, PaperCrafts Connection has another great post with more ideas for using scraps to make cards. 
  • Learn to make your own washi tape with GCD Studios.
  • Write.Click.Scrapbook. posted a tutorial showing how these lovely gift card sleeves are made.
  • These sweet fabric feathers (along with directions to make them) can be found at 100 Layer Cake.
  • Squee alert!! This adorable Hello Kitty themed birthday was recently featured on Amy Atlas' blog.
  • You can make an adorable little book just like this one by following the tutorial over at Cocoa Daisy.
  • I love this layout by Shimelle Laine because it uses October Afternoon's Rocket Age line in a unique way and because it proves I'm not the only geeky scrapper out there! Actually, I know there are lots of you, and I love you all!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan